At Novant Health Indian Land Primary Care, we want to provide you with the resources, information and techniques that enable more comfortable, healthier living. To learn more about family medicine and health issues affecting you and your family, explore the following websites.
Experience Virtual Office Visits and Appointment Requests Online
- You can register to participate in Virtual Office Visits online with Dr. Thomas and request appointments via the internet.
- Novant Health Indian Land Primary Care is one of 36 practices in the nation putting the Future of Family Medicine report's new model to the test in a real-world 24-month pilot project. This innovative practice redesign project, the result of several years of groundbreaking research, is a real-world test that will lead to important, transportable new knowledge about the practice transformation process. TransforMED strongly believes that a positive future for family medicine, family physicians and health care in general can be achieved, in part, through transformative practice redesign. Please view the website for more details.
- Learn about the extensive health services of our parent company, Novant Health - the largest physician care network in western North Carolina.
- Family Doctor provides health information, self-care advice and daily health tips. This site was established by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- NeedyMeds is a good source of information for people who need help with the cost of medicine and other healthcare expenses.
The National Network for Immunization Information
- Directed to a wide audience of providers, policy makers and the public, this site can help you get the facts on immunizations.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -Travelers' Health
- For anyone planning on taking a vacation or trip overseas, this site offers valuable health information on specific destinations and vaccination requirements.
American Diabetes Association
- The American Diabetic Association is the nation's leading non-profit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy.
American Heart Association
- This site includes signs and symptoms of heart disease and stoke, prevention and what to do if you are experiencing warning signs of either.
National Cancer Institute
- This site includes information on all types of cancers, their diagnosis, treatment, and symptoms.